Reward Running 2015 in association with Polar #clickyourclock
In 2015 from March to October, at the end of each week, the runner who improves their handicap the most in that week and has clicked their clock will receive a Polar heart rate monitor.
Please click here to find out more.
runbritain's revolutionary handicap scoring system is designed to give runners
of all abilities the ability to benchmark their progress and compare their results
across a range of distances and terrains.
We include road, multi-terrain, track, cross country and trail races so now nearly all events that are licensed by UKA/runbritain can contribute to your handicap.
The algorithm we use allows a direct comparison of the current form of different runners to be made. It does not matter if the races if you do were in tough, moderate or fast conditions as the algorithm
asesseses the difficulty of the course on the day so that you have as good a chance of improving
your handicap on a hilly course on a tough day to a flat course on a calm day.
to see a sample page - the winner of the
2012 Reward Running Competition
Click here to claim your handicap.
The scoring system, which has been developed in conjunction with the team behind
the Power of 10 website,
rewards regular racing and factors in a degree of difficulty for slower courses.
The score is derived from all your race results in UKA licensed road, multi-terrain, track & cross country
races from 2010 although you only need to have done one race since 2010 to claim
Once registered, you just need to log in
to be taken to your bespoke personal running biog profile page featuring:
* opportunity to enter the monthly Reward Running 2015 competition
* personal progress graph
* direct comparisons with other runners with a 'head-to-head' function
* weekly mileage logger and graph
* national ladder position showing your ranking amongst all UK runners
* current rankings at each of the major distances (5K, 10K, HM, Mar)
* handicap score updated automatically after each run
* target times to bring score down to the next level
* training schedules to help you achieve your targets